Sunday, January 7, 2018

Please hold...

Well, I kind of feel like my health has been on hold for the last bit. I tried the Autoimmune Solution for 3 days, went and had an EGD and colonoscopy, and was told that there is not even a hint of inflammation in my GI tract. Even gave me pictures to prove it. So let’s just say I gave up on the “Anti-Inflammatory Diet”.
I’ve been continuing to see my new rheumatologist, and that’s been going okay. Just a lot of changing meds around. I did, however, start seeing a new pain doctor, after my rheumatologist told me that for now we’re just going to call this “fibromyalgia” pain for the purposes of diagnoses (we’re also calling my hand pain “arthritis”). The pain doctor took x-rays of my back and found out that I do have mild scoliosis, which may account for a bit of my back pain and recent SI joint locking.
So long story short, it’s been recommended that I see a chiropractor again (hopefully one that won’t make it worse this time) and another physical therapist. But of course, these are not covered very well by my new insurance (turns out you lose TriCare when you get married). So.... I guess I’m just on hold for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment