Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Okay, what next?

This sign is the Redwood Forest in Ocala, CA. It perfectly describes the day that my boyfriend and I visited. We decided on the park randomly, it was called the Lady Bird Johnson Grove, and we could not have stopped at a more perfect time. It was early afternoon, the sun was still rising, and there was low fog drifting through the trees that made the sun rays absolutely gorgeous. We took so many pictures.

The main thing that's been getting me down lately is my lack of energy that I used to have so much of. I took a trip to the ER today after getting off work early because I was just so fatigued, so weak, so nauseous, everything was just getting to be too much. I had some pretty bad and pretty weird chest pains yesterday, so they took chest x-rays. As usual, they didn't find anything, as no one ever really has, but it never hurts to make sure new pains aren't bad pains. Between the chest pain, sore throat, and bad coughing and fatigue, I'm just hoping and praying that mono hasn't decided to come by for another visit. When I got mono last May, it kept me bedridden for more than 2 weeks, and that's what sort of kicked off my whole fatigue party of 2016-2017.
I don't want to keep being tired. I want to feel okay with driving more than half an hour by myself and not being afraid that I might fall asleep. I want to be able to go on a spontaneous hike and not feel the need to sit down every five minutes. I'm ready to figure out what's wrong with me.
Next up in the Allie Treatment Plan is for me to do a full sleep study, the creepy kind where they watch me while I sleep. Not sure what's in store after that, but we're taking it slow I guess, making sure we don't miss anything or move too fast. I have new sleep meds to try to jump-start my sleep cycles, which so far have worked a little better than melatonin, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment